Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cacophonous Soul

(La Dolce Vita)

I am an urban-small-town-prepster-modern-mid-century-victorain-enthusiast with ultra Virgo tendencies and a hippie-beatnik soul.
If you've been in my house, that much is surely evident.
My style has not only been defined by my past and present but by the vintage of my 1900 house and the amazing scores of furniture I have found on 'big trash day' and in the tri-state area's consignment shoppes.
It is amazing what one can find if you keep your eyes and your brain open.

So channeling my urban renewal-thriftwitch-hippieness: challenge yourself to "upcycle" something given to you, found for a few bucks at Goodwill, or in an alley somewhere! Make it work for your home and your personality. Not only is it theraputic and green but one of a kind, and that makes for a great conversation piece in any living space.

Jusayin. That's what's on m'brain today.
(I think I'm just Jonesing for yardsale season!)

No comments: