Thursday, September 15, 2011

Footloose and Fancy-Free

I am by no means too proud to say that this morning, while I was scrubbing the toilet I lost all sense of class. I was cleaning the loo, as I often do with a grimaced face and hurried pace when my daughter came into the bathroom.

She automatically reached in the bathtub to remove her potty bowl insert from her training toilet. It had been sitting in there waiting to be sterilized and returned to its proper location.
When she high-tailed it out of the bathroom running with that germ-vessel, I looked up as quickly as I was scrubbing the pot. In my haste, toilet water splashed up from below me and landed on my foot. In an instant, my instinct was to wash my appendage, but my daughter was already halfway down the hall with her unsterilized potty bowl! So in a hybrid moment of motherhood and OCD, I Lysol-ed my own foot and ran down the hall after her.
I, Cira, watched myself in disgust, Lysoling my own foot.

It's amazing what motherhood has brought me to.

No comments: